[2008 R2 Essentials] Lock the screen, but keep the VM window on top?
Hello all Members, In my company, I'm managing Windows Server 2008 R2 Essentials. I would like to use it to have a camera preview from the cameras installed outside. These cameras preview is available via the website application. My plan is to develop a virtual machine (MS Virtual PC, VMware), in which an internet browser window would be still opened. But is it possible in primary Win2008, that after a screen lock command (WIN+L) having the virtualpc window visible still on top? In my case, I would move it to the second, always-on display, and have the cameras preview kept. Best regards, Adrian
June 18th, 2012 5:32pm

1. Virtual PC is compatible with: Windows 7 Home Basic, Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7, Ultimate, Windows 7 Enterprise 2. If you lock server operating system, then the virtual operating system "hides" behind the server operating system. 3. Use Hyper-V technology in server operating systems (check the compatibility with Essential version) Regards Milos
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 18th, 2012 7:33pm

1. Virtual PC is compatible with: Windows 7 Home Basic, Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7, Ultimate, Windows 7 Enterprise 2. If you lock server operating system, then the virtual operating system "hides" behind the server operating system. 3. Use Hyper-V technology in server operating systems (check the compatibility with Essential version) Regards Milos
June 18th, 2012 7:43pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics